Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy World Breastfeeding Week!


Though it was a struggle in the first days and weeks, I have been blessed to be able to breastfeed both my daughters. I breastfed my first daughter till she was a little over one year, and at seven months, my second daughter is still going strong.

Occasionally I've wished that someone else could take a turn and feed my babies, but for the most part I've appreciated the convenience, affordability, and closeness that breastfeeding brings.

Breastfeeding appears to just involve me and the baby, but I wouldn't be able to successfully breastfeed my babies without the support of my husband. And I know that I was heavily influenced by the examples of my mother and older sister. Thank you!

And a couple of links from around the web this week:

Reasons to Breastfeed in Public

Breastfeeding is Beautiful (Pinterest Images)

Breastfeeding Facebook Page

The Nursing Moms Project


No comments:

Post a Comment